Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Miss Bunny

After visiting John Johannsen's studio, I was itching to stitch one of his canvases.  You should be proud of me.  Instead of starting a new canvas, I went through my WIP pile and found this little bunny.  

Terry Christopher, owner of 2 the Point, created the stitch guide.  I love Terry's guides. Everything is well explained and charted, so you don't have to reference any other books.  I had started stitching this canvas last year, and then stopped because I didn't like how my ribbon flowers were turning out.  This was the first time I had ever used ribbon, and had underestimated how difficult it can be to work with.  So now it's time to practice stitching up some flowers on the margin.

 This is a photo of the stitch guide.  Terry's bunny is adorable!

Terry stitched the flower on the left.  Mine is the one on the right.  See what I mean about needing to practice.

Same thing here.  Terry stitched the rose on the left and I did the rest.  I like one of them, but the two all the way on the right have got to go.

I do love the way the fur and collar turned out.

Now it's time to finish this WIP!

Happy Stitching...









5 comments:

  1. You inspire me! I always want to start something new when frustrated. Can't wait to see the finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Hopefully it won't take too long.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Speaking of adorable - your nativity is really coming along!

      Delete
  3. Monica, don't be too hard on yourself your ribbon roses are great, you are getting the hang of it really quickly :) Love the Bunny.

    ReplyDelete