Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Three Days of Stitching Bliss

I remember when my children first created their own Facebook accounts.  I warned them of the dangers of posting too much information and most of all, to be very careful of who they met online.  So what did I do this past April?  Well, I flew to Texas to meet eighteen women who I had met on Facebook.  And boy, am I glad I did!

The retreat took place at the Needle Works in Austin, Texas.  Colleen Church was such a gracious host, and her staff were ever so helpful. I didn't get a picture of the store front, but you can see it here on the cover of a stitch book that Colleen gave to everyone.


The Needle Works has one of the best classrooms I've ever stitched in.  Three walls are all windows which lets in tons of natural light.  There were also extra lights and magnifiers at each table just in case you might need one.  I wish I took more pictures of the classroom, so you could see how wonderful it is.


Our stitching retreat was coordinated by the lovely Naomi who in my book is pretty fantastic.  She made sure that everything ran smoothly, and did a great job at spoiling us all.  Naomi put together the cutest gift bags for everyone, but the piece de resistance were our name tags.  She embroidered twenty, yes twenty, gorgeous name tags.


 Here is a photo of Naomi on the left and Colleen on the right.


Stop back in the next few days to see what we all stitched during the retreat.  

Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

  1. I really like reading through an article that can make people think.
    Also, thanks for allowing me to comment
    PALS Ontario CA | PALS Online Ontario CA

    ReplyDelete